POSITION: PUBLIC LAW SOLICITOR
We are looking for an experienced motivated solicitor with Legal Aid Agency (LAA) supervisor status in Public Law and/or Actions against Public Authorities to join our highly regarded Legal 500 rated Public Law Department. Experience of working in Inquest cases would be a distinct advantage. The role will involve handling and developing an interesting and varied case load.
- LAA supervisor status
- an in-depth and applied knowledge of judicial review practice and procedure;
- the ability to work with vulnerable people;
- experience of working within legal aid contracts.
POSITION: LEGAL SECRETARY
We are looking for an experienced Legal Secretary to join our team.
• Trained in secretarial practice.
• High computer literacy and audio-typing skills
• Previous experience in Family, Wills/Probate and Civil Litigation an advantage
POSITION: CHILDREN PANEL SOLICITOR WITHIN FAMILY DEPARTMENT
We are looking for an experienced Child Care Solicitor to join our busy Children & Family Department.
You will be a Children Panel Member and should be able to demonstrate:-
• Experience of running a heavy caseload in all aspects of children work, including care and adoption.
• Good advocacy skills.
• Ability to work with clients from a wide variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds including clients with learning difficulties and mental health problems.
• Proficient IT skills.
• Experience in domestic DV and FMPO an advantage.
POSITION: NEWLY QUALIFIED SOLICITOR, CIVIL LITIGATION
Steel & Shamash specialise in Election law, local and parliamentary conduct matters and other regulatory areas in the political world. This includes acting for councillors, peers and MP’s in a variety of legal matters.
You will be working closely with a senior very experienced solicitor who has in her work covered areas such as defamation, civil litigation, a considerable amount of conduct hearings in England, Scotland and Wales and some collaborative work with the criminal solicitors in the firm. You will be trained in this niche area of law with a particular emphasis on local government.
The very wide variety of work is always against a political background and an interest in local and national politics will be a distinct advantage for the successful candidate. Although initially assisting the senior solicitor you will be expected in due course to manage your own cases.
The department provides a “hot-line” for members seeking advice on constitutional, election, personal and regulatory matters and this often leads to representing members at conduct hearings up and down the country, in Scotland and in Wales.
Please apply in the first instance with a full CV to the Practice Manager, Catherine Bekoe-Tabiri , Steel & Shamash, 12 Baylis Road Waterloo London SE1 7AA or email@example.com