We are looking for a self-motivated and experienced solicitor to join our established and successful Mental Capacity Department.
We have a reputation for achieving excellent results for our clients.
The Department has current rankings in Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 and receives instructions from family members, RPRs and the Official Solicitor. We have involvement in high profile cases and we are in the vanguard in this developing area of law. We are committed to providing our clients with the highest quality legal advice and representation.
The successful candidate will have;
- at least 3 years’ PQE, although exceptional applicants with less experience will be considered;
- experience of acting for both family members and the subjects of Court of Protection welfare proceedings;
- an in-depth and applied knowledge of Mental Capacity law;
- a proven ability to deliver practical results for clients within proceedings;
- the ability to work with vulnerable people;
- experience of working within legal aid contracts.
Candidates should also have reached the Legal Aid Agency’s supervisor status for Mental Health or Community Care law. Experience or an interest in Community Care is an advantage.
Contact the Practice Manager, Catherine Bekoe-Tabiri for a recruitment pack: firstname.lastname@example.org