Steel & Shamash has an excellent reputation in all areas of Family law. Our lawyers are approachable and focused in achieving the best results for our clients in this difficult and demanding area of law.
We are experienced in advising on complex financial cases involved in the breakdown of a marriage or cohabiting relationship, whether affecting business interests or conflicting property claims, or financial claims made on behalf of children and we can guide you through the difficulties with a view to achieving the best outcome for you.
Where there are issues concerning children to be considered following the marriage or relationship breakdown, we will be able to help resolve disputes sensitively and efficiently.
In particular we can help with:
- Resolving divorces, dissolution of civil partnerships and cohabitation disputes involving financial and property issues
- Advising on and drafting pre-nuptial, post nuptial, civil partnership and cohabitation agreements.
- Advising on and drafting separation agreements as an alternative to divorce
- Advising on and obtaining court injunctions regarding domestic violence
- Negotiating and settling disputes regarding children issues which arises on separation or divorce
In all cases we will consider and advise you on the best way to proceed including mediation. Steel and Shamash is Lambeth’s official provider of Lawyer Supported Mediation a new approach to resolving issues arising from divorce or separation.
Should you need specialist Children Law advice unrelated to divorce or separation, please follow our link to Children Law Services.
As of 1st April 2013 there will no longer be legal aid available for those seeking assistance with divorce or financial remedy, or in relation to disputes concerning contact with children or disputes over with whom children will reside, unless there has been domestic violence between the parties, or there are child protection concerns.
For those cases where legal aid is not available we can offer an initial appointment for which a fixed fee is charged. We will discuss your particular requirements and advise you as to likely cost. We can discuss with you payment options including working on a fixed fee basis, and can offer very reasonable and competitive packages.
Our Family Team are: