Geeta is a senior solicitor, who has specialised in Childcare Law since 1989.
She has over 20 years experience representing parents, children and their guardians in complex childcare cases, and has developed a particular specialism in non-accidental injury cases.
Geeta is also instructed
- By Guardians in private law cases to represent children who have been made a party to the proceedings.
- By family members seeking contact or a special guardianship order to a child in care
- To represent parties in adoption proceedings.
Geeta has Higher Rights of Audience (Civil Proceedings) awarded by the Law Society, which enables her to represent clients at all levels in the Civil Courts. She will often undertake the advocacy in her own cases, but where a specific case demands, she will instruct specialist Counsel.
Geeta has past experience of teaching social workers at the Open University and Royal Holloway University on the Post Qualification Social Work Award. She has also spent time working as a learning mentor in a large London secondary school.
- Member of the Law Society Children Panel since 1998
- Member of the Association of Lawyers for Children